I'm bored.
And tired.
I went to a sleepover for my friend's birthday two days ago, and we stayed up until 1:45 am or so.
I wore green flip flops.
Here is my poem about my flip flop lying on the grass in her yard:
Flip Flop
The lonely flip flop
lies forgotten
in an ocean
of tall green grass.
Stained
with
ice cream,
shirt dye,
mud,
and
dirt.
Waiting
for its owner
to come out
pick it up
put it on,
Not caring about
the ice cream,
shirt dye,
mud,
and
dirt
now on the soles of her feet
She runs across the grass,
her flip flops
flapping
against
the
hard ground
And the shoe
has a purpose
to protect its owner
from the dangers
of sharp rocks
grass stains
and the occasional
bit of broken glass.
And the shoe is happy.
To be used
for such a purpose.
I think......
That that.....
is all.
:)
shirt dye? please explain. :o)
ReplyDeleteAh... we were making tye-dye pillow cases. Should have called it pillow case dye, I guess. But that would have been too many syllables... oh, forget it. I am so confused...
ReplyDelete:)