Today was made up of snippets of things. Nothing seemed connected, yet everything was related.
Snippets
Climbing trees, and
Walking dogs,
Well that was the morning.
Deep, philosophical conversations
Over chicken sandwiches
Was lunch
Mr. Brightside at full volume
Drowning out the world
Was the car, with rain dripping down the windows
Beautiful leaves made of hopes and dreams
Turned out to be coffee
Arson and exploring the woods
Was home, obviously
Finding James Patterson and reception-
That's the tiny Richmond Library
Squirrel cop and David Sedaris
Over dinner
Was heaven, clearly
Cookies and Facebook and moving cabinets
Was life at its fullest, even if it didn't seem it
Talking to a dog, about love, and having her understand-
Where I was meant to be.
Words and music,
The rain on the window
Was waiting for the movie to start
Missing and wanting,
Dreaming and waiting,
Solving murder mysteries in my spare time,
Cut off from the world and my friends
Somehow never fails to make me happy.
Looking forward,
Backward, and sideways,
To the future and the past and what might have been,
Remembering conversations at midnight
About the most important things-
Being teachers and fluffy hair
And wondering how I'll fall asleep without them
Morning, lunch, evening, midnight...
Inexplicably, completely paradise.
That is all. :)
Welcome to my lovely little blog! I'm trying to fill it with words about about theatre, poetry and random musings about life and other things. I really love to perform and write, the latter thanks to some of my amazing English teachers. I am frequently blown away by the amazing power of words and what they can make people think and do. I really need your thoughts, so please please please comment!! On my blog, there is only one requirement: Have fun!
Labels:
school
(25)
Poetry
(24)
Stuff...
(19)
other
(19)
Acting
(17)
Stuff
(13)
friends
(10)
Family
(7)
travel
(7)
Camp
(6)
story
(6)
random
(3)
shakespeare
(3)
theatre
(3)
Tuna
(2)
Weather
(2)
hair
(2)
love
(2)
pictures
(2)
presents
(2)
Maia
(1)
birthday
(1)
holiday
(1)
life
(1)
summer
(1)
time
(1)
videos
(1)
:)
ReplyDeleteSQUIRREL COP!!!! oh my gosh, I have to listen to that again...
ReplyDeletePity the poor children who do NOT grow up listening to NPR and TAL...really.
I like "looking forward, backward and sideways"... I hope all your "what might have beens" = disasters narrowly escaped and nothing else -- no regrets.
Berkshire perfection. I can feel you breathing easily. Relaxed. Centered. Except for the whole arsonist thing. :o)
XX