Labels:

school (25) Poetry (24) Stuff... (19) other (19) Acting (17) Stuff (13) friends (10) Family (7) travel (7) Camp (6) story (6) random (3) shakespeare (3) theatre (3) Tuna (2) Weather (2) hair (2) love (2) pictures (2) presents (2) Maia (1) birthday (1) holiday (1) life (1) summer (1) time (1) videos (1)

March 28, 2011

Sweet/ As I Lie

Sweet (or As I Lie)

As I lie
The icing
From a cupcake
Melting
On my tongue
Like my heart
Melts
Thinking
Of them.

Sweetly
Fiercely
Melting
With an
Intensity
Never known
To my body
To my young heart
Love-
Painful
Yet Sweet.

Text messages
Calls
Smiles in math
Are they nothing
But
Empty
Horrible
Promises
Of better things
That won't come?

Love
Some say
Teenagers-
Middle Schoolers
Don't know it-
But they're wrong-
Out of Anyone
In the world
We know it best.

Our whole lives
In front of us
We dare to dream
To hope
To wish and
To wonder
That one day
The icing will melt away
And so will our troubles-
But not yet.


As I lie
The icing
From a cupcake
Melting
On my tongue
Thinking
Of memories-
Past
And dreams-
Future.



That is all.

8 comments:

  1. i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! the poem is SO true! like, so incredibly amazing, crazily, incredibly (i already said that haha) true! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be okay.
    I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I think I've been there before...

    Claire, do me a favor and google 'TED Talks' - Sarah Kay - 'If I should have a daughter' (I can't get the link to copy and paste here). It made me think of you and your beautiful open heart. We can discuss in person in April!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3(:
    ClaireClaireClaire(:
    Great poem(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like what Tuna said...and I say "Ditto" to that.

    Did you follow up on AMD's suggestion? I want to be part of that conversation!!
    Aaaannnnd, now, April 1st, I will officially start counting the days. Very excited over here. XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. ib4e: yes, i did. it was really cool!!
    we're excited down here too!!! can't wait to see you!!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love cupcakes! YAY! your poem was great by the way.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! YOU ARE NOW MY BESTEST FRIEND BECAUSE YOU COMMENTED! So be nice, no bad language...... :)