There is no more school.
It is summer.
Only it sucks because it's raining.
And being New England.
We are free to have fun,
But how much fun can you have when you
Have a giant summer reading assignment
Creeping up on you
From behind??
Making sure it stays undone
Until the last weeks of summer
When you will stress
And freak out
And generally be in a really bad mood. :)
That was my half poem-y thing. :)
Now a real poem: (I think)
Nope.
Writer's block. Or something. Ooooh......
Writer's Block
Words
Inside my mind
Refusing to come out
Being poked
Prodded
Teased
Out into the open
Words
Forming thoughts
Sentences
Poems
That fight
Tug back
Farther and farther
Scared of something
Needing
Encouragement
Persuasion
Coaxing
Urging
Inspiration
Motivation
(Thank you
Thesaurus)
Words
Flowing
Out onto
Paper
A blank page
So much
Opportunity
The words can't
Help themselves
They must take it over
Storm the palace
Of soft blue lines
And a white
Background
Anything else
Pales in comparison
To the wonder
Excitement
Of the
Occasion
Moment
Chance
(Thank you
Thesaurus)
To make their
Mark
On the world
Fingerprints
Left on
Windowsills
Everywhere
A
Mark
Of their own
Saying
"I've been
Through here,"
Saying
"I survived
To make My
Mark
On the world."
Living and dying
Without a trace
Nothing to
Remember you by
Nothing to
Make them recall
Words
Fingerprinting
Themselves
Across
The blank page
Leaving their trace
That is all. :)
Welcome to my lovely little blog! I'm trying to fill it with words about about theatre, poetry and random musings about life and other things. I really love to perform and write, the latter thanks to some of my amazing English teachers. I am frequently blown away by the amazing power of words and what they can make people think and do. I really need your thoughts, so please please please comment!! On my blog, there is only one requirement: Have fun!
Labels:
school
(25)
Poetry
(24)
Stuff...
(19)
other
(19)
Acting
(17)
Stuff
(13)
friends
(10)
Family
(7)
travel
(7)
Camp
(6)
story
(6)
random
(3)
shakespeare
(3)
theatre
(3)
Tuna
(2)
Weather
(2)
hair
(2)
love
(2)
pictures
(2)
presents
(2)
Maia
(1)
birthday
(1)
holiday
(1)
life
(1)
summer
(1)
time
(1)
videos
(1)
"...storm the palace of soft blue lines and a white background..." Love, Love, LOVE!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat's on the reading list?
XX
thanks!!
ReplyDeletereading list here:
http://bigelow.newton.k12.ma.us/content/summer-reading-lists#Grade_8
copy and paste i think because it won't turn into a link.....(: